What we find in the ‘busyness’ of our projects and the daily grind is that teams are falling into the trap of not stopping, reflecting, calling the issues and resolving these issues. There doesn’t even have to be obvious issues. Maintenance of the team doesn’t seem to be a priority.
We soldier on and the issues tend to become bigger and bigger. You know things aren’t quite right and this dynamic is impacting on the potential of the team and your outcomes.
Are you seeing any of these symptoms within your team?
- You are all very busy
- Meetings are getting postponed as team members feel they just need to ‘get on with it’
- Communication is dropping and there has been confusion and lack of information sharing among the team
- You are ‘re-working’ issues
- You are diving into action and/or being reactive
- The team isn’t planning well
- The team isn’t making collective decisions with good thinking processes
- Relationships are struggling and there may even be some conflict
If you answered yes to any of these, it might be time to have a Health Check!
Key Questions for a Health Check include:
- What’s going well?
- What’s not going well?
- What are our key reasons for success?
- What are our key issues and why are we having them?
- What should we stop doing and start doing in the future?
Need some help?
SeeChange has a small service called our Health Check program.
Our Health Check Program is a little like going to the doctor. We assist your team by evaluating key team functions and then we work with your team to develop the diagnosis of your team’s health. The most important part, like going to the doctor, is we then work with you to develop the treatment plan to create change.
The program involves one on one interviews with each of your team and then a few weeks later, a one day workshop.
Please contact me if you’d like to chat about how this program can get your team back on track and/or maintain the great work you are doing. Phone 07 3902 1002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.