This is a challenge we hear from CEOs and senior leaders.
Maybe you have a similar challenge?
We feel for middle leaders as they have a tough job in the change process.
They often aren’t involved in developing and designing ‘the change’ but as a part of their role, they are required to implement it.’
From our observations, middle leaders not ‘stepping up’ could be due to:
- Lack of awareness of WHY the change is happening.
- The lack of awareness makes it hard for them to support the change – ‘they aren’t on the bus.’
- Lack of clarity about their role. What do they need to do with their teams on a daily basis to implement the change
- Lack the confidence to lead the change – their change toolkit is empty
- Lack of guidance and support from senior leaders in relation to priorities and the plan of action
Your middle leaders are vital in driving successful change in your organisation.
And from our experience, they are often overlooked.
Do your middle leaders need to ‘step up’?